Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Drop and Does not connect to PPPOE

cmkhetwal
Tutor

Internet Drop and Does not connect to PPPOE

Hi Team,

i bought this new router netgear AC1750 Smart Wifi Model R6350. this router does not connect directly with PPPOE connection. also if connect it via DHCP from the other router then also the internet drops in every few minutes. this is not the problem with other wifi router. please help me in setting up this properlly. if i have to disable something as everything is pretty much default.

Thanks

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
cmkhetwal
Tutor

Re: Internet Drop and Does not connect to PPPOE

Hi , 

Its connected now and working fine. the problem was with the ISP side for PPPOE. Actually we have to use static ip from the ISP side with netgear router. in other routers dynamic IP is working fine. 

so today i asked the ISP to give me the static IP, then i connected my netgear router directly via PPPOE and it worked.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What gateway are you connecting to? 

How are you doing the setup? 

the R6350 doesn't have an integrate modem so how your hooking it up is important and to what you're hooking it up to. 

What firmware is on the R6350?

Message 2 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

What gateway are you connecting to?  i am trying to connect the PPPOE via EPON ONU Modem Fiber Optic

How are you doing the setup? Just going into router and selecting yes my internet required password. but does not connect with that username and password.

the R6350 doesn't have an integrate modem so how your hooking it up is important and to what you're hooking it up to. 

What firmware is on the R6350? That is "V1.1.0.66_1.0.1"

My Connection:-

Internet terminates on EPON ONU Modem Fiber Optic Device

From EPON i connect lan cable to WAN port of Netgear Router

Then Select yes my internet needs a password

Choose the PPPOE and put the username and password.

then click apply

it applies but did not connect to internet. does not even get an ip address from EPON Device

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Thanks

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

EPON ONU

That doesn't tell me what gateway you're using. All it tells me is that its an ethernet passsive optical network with an optical network unit. 

Any special characters in the login password?

Did you try contacting your isp? I have a feeling they've connected a router or 2 to their service and might know the best setup method by provider. 

Message 4 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

Hi,

The problem is only netgear is not getting connected to PPPOE. i have iball and tplink router also for which i thought to upgrade on netgear.

both my previous routers are connecting to PPPOE without any problem.

Regarding any special Character. i had gone through the netgear forum in which thier was the password suggestion. so i also removed any special character from it, so now it is just the plain lowercase password. then also  it is not connecting to the internet. 

so how i am using the netgear now:-

i have an iball router, to its wan port i have connected the internet cable. then from iballs lan port i have connected the netgear router.

and then i connected the netgear with dhcp settings. and then i disable the wifi on iball router.

iball link

https://www.iball.co.in/Product/Wi-Fi/Broadband-Routers/300M-MIMO-Wireless-N-Broadband-Router-/31478

please let me know if you need some more info.

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

Disabling wifi doesn't disable the router. You're currently running a double nat if you're going iball----->netgear. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 6 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

yes please this is what i want to remove if netgear router can start working on PPPOE.

Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

so why are you running the iball router?

And what device is it connected to? 

Message 8 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

Hi, 

because netgear router is not getting connected via PPPOE, thats why i am using iball in between in which i have configured the PPPOE settings. then iball is distributing the internet to netgear.

Message 9 of 12
plemans
Guru

@cmkhetwal wrote:

Hi, 

because netgear router is not getting connected via PPPOE, thats why i am using iball in between in which i have configured the PPPOE settings. then iball is distributing the internet to netgear.

so what gateway is the iball connected to? That's what I keep getting at. 

Message 10 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

Hi,

so what gateway is the iball connected to? 

I dont have any gateway, Iball is directly connected to EPON ONU Modem Fiber Optic. 

EPON ONU Modem Fiber Optic is connected via fiber at ISP End.

Please find the attached diagram to understand

Message 11 of 12
cmkhetwal
Tutor

Hi , 

Its connected now and working fine. the problem was with the ISP side for PPPOE. Actually we have to use static ip from the ISP side with netgear router. in other routers dynamic IP is working fine. 

so today i asked the ISP to give me the static IP, then i connected my netgear router directly via PPPOE and it worked.

Thanks

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7