Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is my R8000 Toast? Weak signal, only one 5g band broadcasting

MoncRT
Aspirant

Is my R8000 Toast? Weak signal, only one 5g band broadcasting

Hello all

Question, I have a nighthawk r8000 router (tri band) and two of the networks (one 2.4 ghz and the 2nd 5gz) according to my son started going on and off while watching the networks from his iphone. When I got home, I took a look and they weren't even broadcasting anymore. After going into the router setup page, it shows they are both broadcasting. I shut off broadcasting, rebooted, then turned broadcasting back on to no avail. Also went into advanced setup and turned radio on and off while rebooting in between with the same results. I then hit the reset button on the back with a pin.. Started from nothing and got the same results.. the only band that will broadcast is the 3rd network which is 5gz. I also tried doing a bit of research here and saw someone stated to reload the firmware to which I did the same. Didnt make a difference. After a power cycle of about 5-10 minutes, the 1st and 2nd band will come on and stay for maybe 2 minutes (off and on) then they fade away and dont return. The firmware is the latest according to the support page here. This is my second Nighthawk router and my last one didnt last all but 2 years. This one was quite a bit more expensive than the last and would be extremely disappointed if this is a goner.. 

Anyways, any assistance beyond what I have done already would be appreciated.. 

Thank You 

Message 1 of 3

Re: Is my R8000 Toast? Weak signal, only one 5g band broadcasting

@MoncRT wrote:

When I got home, I took a look and they weren't even broadcasting anymore. After going into the router setup page, it shows they are both broadcasting. I shut off broadcasting, rebooted, then turned broadcasting back on to no avail.

What do the WiFi LEDs on the router look like? (Check the LED On/Off switch on the back.)

Did someone press the WiFi On/Off button on the top?

Message 2 of 3
MoncRT
Aspirant

Re: Is my R8000 Toast? Weak signal, only one 5g band broadcasting

Yeah I forgot to add that.. They all show on for both frequencies.. I toggle the physical switch on and off as well... no changes
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7