Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with RDP

JAJORGEN
Follower

Issue with RDP

Hey there,

Recently got a NetGear Nighthawk and setup was a breeze, all of my home devices be-it wired or wireless are all good. Love the router and all is good but ...

I work remotely mostly and with my previous DLink router I could fire up my work laptop, it gets a LAN IP and Internet, and could then RDP from my home desktop to the work laptop so I could take advantage of remoting my work laptop to my big monitor and desktop keyboard/mouse.

Since switching from the DLink device to NetGear, my PC no longer recognizes my work laptop via RDP. Have verified my work laptop is on the wireless network, definitely has Internet, and all is good there but I just can't RDP it from my desktop. I've tried Google and see all kinds of *possible* similar scenarios and have tired those steps (I think) the best I can but no success thus far.

Would appreciate any input or suggestions and this could just be a "me" problem as I've missed something.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Message 1 of 2

Re: Issue with RDP

@JAJORGEN wrote:

Recently got a NetGear Nighthawk and setup was a breeze, all of my home devices be-it wired or wireless are all good. Love the router and all is good but ...

Which Netgear device is that? There are plenty of them.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Did you try this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – RDP

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7