Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

It's time for another Unable To Connect to routerlogin.net thread

RoboGenie
Initiate

It's time for another Unable To Connect to routerlogin.net thread

I have a R6250 Smart WIFI Router (but the field above won't accept that as a valid entry. Odd, but irrelevant for now.) It's about 1 month out of warranty -- of course.

I use an iMac running MacOS Sierra v10.12.2

The iMac is wired to the router.

I do not run Kaspersky anti-virus software.

A few days ago I got an email from NetGEAR saying there was a "Security Vulnerability" and that I should "download the production version of the firmware release to automatically install the R6250 firmware". I downloaded the zip file and unpacked it and am ready to go. But...

The instructions say to browse to www.routerlogin.net. Like a lot of other people here on the board, I found that didn't work. I tried two different browsers and I also tried routerlogin.com and the usual IP address - 192.168.1.1 I think it is. I even looked at the IP address in System Info and tried that - 192.168.1.10 but that didn't work either. The error is "Unable to connect - Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.routerlogin.net." (It's wordedd slightly differently in Safari.)

Any idea what to do now? If I can't connect, I can't upgrade the firmware, and I really would like to do that.

Rob Stevenson

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: It's time for another Unable To Connect to routerlogin.net thread

Maybe try turning off the power on the router, then turning on the router again, and then try http://192.168.1.1 again.

192.168.1.10 is probably your iMac's IP address, the router's address should end with 1.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Maybe try turning off the power on the router, then turning on the router again, and then try http://192.168.1.1 again.

192.168.1.10 is probably your iMac's IP address, the router's address should end with 1.

Message 2 of 3
RoboGenie
Initiate

You are clearly a superior human being. That worked!

Thanks

Rob

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7