Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing Wifi Signal

Yarn
Aspirant

Losing Wifi Signal

A month or so ago, I updated the firmware on my router and I instantly lost my Wifi signal. The router was still receiving the internet signal, but it wasn't transmitting it via Wifi. After a lot of fiddling, my only option was to reset to factory settings. This solved the issue and I did not update the firmware.

This morning, however, I had the same problem. I was working on my computer. I had just downloaded an email and while I was typing my reply, I lost internet connection. Inspection of the router showed the same issue. Internet signal into router was fine, but it wasn't transmitting via Wifi. Having not updated my firmware, this time, I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I have had to go through the whole factory settings thing again. 

The router is about 12 months old.

Thanks.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Losing Wifi Signal

Hi Yarn,

Load this firmware and reset after the update.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038289/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-12

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Yarn,

What is the firmware version of the router?

Does internet disconnection happens on both 2.4GH and 5Ghz bands?

Message 2 of 5
Yarn
Aspirant

Hi James.

My current firmware version is 1.0.7.2. As I said, whenever I update it, I lose the wifi signal.

And yes, it affects both frequencies. The light on the router indicating that it's connected to the internet lights up, and anything connected via ethernet cable can access the internet, but neither 2.4Ghz nor the 5Ghz lights are lit, nor is the light second from the right.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Yarn,

Load this firmware and reset after the update.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038289/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-12

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Yarn,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7