Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost WiFi on Nighthawk X10 R9000 after changing Spectrum cable modem.

scott_best
Aspirant

Lost WiFi on Nighthawk X10 R9000 after changing Spectrum cable modem.

I had to upgrade my Spectrum cable modem today from 100 MBS to 400 MBS to permit remote work on a CAE server to be efficient.  I had to replace the cable modem to make this happen, and my Internet connectivity problem was solved with the higher speed.  However, my 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz wireless networks were disabled on the R9000, and I have been unable to restore thier functionality.

If I go into the R9000 Advanced -> Setup -> Wireless Setup menu, all of my historical settings are still enabled.  I would post a screenshot if this app permitted that, but it does not.  The screeshots are attached in a PDF file below.  I can left-click Apply, and after a few seconds the system has been updated.  When I return to the Advanced -> Advanced Home menu, I am still showing a RED X on the 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings, 5.0 GHz Wireless Settings, as well as both Guest Networks.  

Fundamentally, the wireless networks should be working, but they are not.  Does anyone know how to remedy this problem so my WiFi netowrks are active again?

Thanks,

Scott

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
scott_best
Aspirant

Re: Lost WiFi on Nighthawk X10 R9000 after changing Spectrum cable modem.

I think I found the WiFi ON/Off button on the top right side of the R9000, which is not obvious since it appears to be flush light, but it is a button.  I was able to depress the button, which enabled the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz wireless systems.  Thanks for the suggestion, which prevented me from have to rebuild the wirless systems this weekend.

Netgear needs better documentation with photos to assist with finding this button.

Thanks again,

Scott

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

did you try pushing the wifi on/off button for 2 seconds? 

It frequently gets hit and has to be pushed to re-enable. 

Message 2 of 9

@scott_best wrote:

I had to upgrade my Spectrum cable modem today from 100 MBS to 400 MBS to permit remote work on a CAE server to be efficient. 

Did that involve a new modem? Or some tweaks to settings?

Replacing a modem can change your network in ways that wreck the settings on your router, which is remembering how it worked with the older modem.

If the suggestions from @plemans don't work, you may have to reset the R9000 and set it up from scratch.

Message 3 of 9
scott_best
Aspirant

I have rebooted the R9000 several times, which did not fix the problem.  Please show me in a photo or screen shot the wifi on/off button you are referring to in your message, and I will try that once I know for certain the exact procedure you want to try.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 4 of 9
scott_best
Aspirant

Yes, I was required to replace my old Spectrum 100 MBS modem with a new 400 MBS modem yesterday, which casued this problem to happen.  If I have to press the RESET button on the bottom of the router, then I will have to wait to rebuild the router settings over the weekend since I do to not want to interrupt my work today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 5 of 9

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Check table 1 in the manual. LED descriptions.

Message 6 of 9
scott_best
Aspirant

I think I found the WiFi ON/Off button on the top right side of the R9000, which is not obvious since it appears to be flush light, but it is a button.  I was able to depress the button, which enabled the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz wireless systems.  Thanks for the suggestion, which prevented me from have to rebuild the wirless systems this weekend.

Netgear needs better documentation with photos to assist with finding this button.

Thanks again,

Scott

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working and it was a simple fix!

Let us know if you have other issues

Message 8 of 9

@scott_best wrote:

I think I found the WiFi ON/Off button on the top right side of the R9000, which is not obvious since it appears to be flush light, but it is a button. 

You are not the first, and won't be the last, to miss that.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7