Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model # R6900 I am having trouble logging into the app

Jameslegend
Follower

Model # R6900 I am having trouble logging into the app

I got this model today and every time I try and login to the app it says troubling logon try rebooting device and I’m wandering if the this WiFi router is only compatible with netgear internet or if I’m just doing something wrong I followed every step on the app to get my device connected
Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Model # R6900 I am having trouble logging into the app

@Jameslegend wrote:
I got this model today and every time I try and login to the app it says troubling logon try rebooting device and I’m wandering if the this WiFi router is only compatible with netgear internet or if I’m just doing something wrong I followed every step on the app to get my device connected

Avoid the mobile application for configuration or troubleshooting.  It is of little or no use.

Use a web browser on a computer and an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi connection to access the user interface.

Keep in mind, the user name and password to access the user interface are different from your Netgear account.

You should be able to get some ideas from here:

https://kb.netgear.com/27199/I-can-t-access-my-router-what-do-I-do

Message 2 of 3

Re: Model # R6900 I am having trouble logging into the app

Is this a second hand router? Even the V2 hardware variant dates back to 2017. V1 is even older.

If it is second hand, be sure to reset the thing before you try using it.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That will wipe any previous user settings.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7