Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 WNDR3700v3 not connecting with netgear genie app - can't set it up!

Jno2
Tutor

N600 WNDR3700v3 not connecting with netgear genie app - can't set it up!

I have a Netgear R6400 and easily set it up with the Netgear Genie website (a while back). Now it seems the Genie website has been replaced by a mobile app that has problems... so what to do?

I'm trying to set up an N600 v3 as an  AP. I reset it to factory defaults. Then  I tried to access it with the Genie app, but it won't recognize anything!   I connected it directly to my android, but  the app didn't recognize the N600  as  "Local". I tried  "Remote" but it still didn't work .
I hope someone can help,
Thanks. 

Model: WNDR3700v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: N600 WNDR3700v3 not connecting with netgear genie app - can't set it up!

You can connect to it and install using the browser. You don't have to use the app. I prefer the browser based method .

Easiest way is just hardwire in a pc/laptop to it and go to routerlogin.net  or the ip address (default is usually 192.168.1.1)

Message 2 of 3
Jno2
Tutor

Re: N600 WNDR3700v3 not connecting with netgear genie app - can't set it up!

I tried connecting with a laptop. Using the IP address it says  "This site can't be reached" I tried it with laptop connected to wireless and disconnected.

If I try using routerlogin,net it gives me all kinds of reasons why it won't  connect. I also tried a different browser but got the same message.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7