Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NAT issues on Xbox One

RusselAD
Aspirant

NAT issues on Xbox One

NAT type stays strict no matter what I try.
I gave up on phone support and live chat so I am hoping someone on the forums can help me out. After spending 2 days with netgear support and nothing..
(Oh you're going to love this. The last support person I talked with told me to change settings and update firmware and guess what!! My upload speed stays below 0.6mbps now)

ISP: Comcast (xfinity)
Modem Brand: Arris
Router: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900
Firmware Version: V1.0.2.194_1.0.15

Address Reservation is setup for Xbox (192.168.1.3)
NAT Filtering: Open
SIP ALG: Disabled
Upstream QoS: On
Port Forwarding: (All ports listed use the same port range for internal)

Yes all the ports are using my xbox IP

UPnP: On
    DMZ Server: Default Setting 192.168.1.0

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Don't use DMZ and port forwarding at same time on single device

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
prodigio
Aspirant

Simply place the ip of the xbox in dmz server, 192.168.1.3 is the cuel say that's enough and to spare.

DMZ Server: 192.168.1.3
Message 2 of 12
Lexist2112
Luminary

Disable upstream Qos and either use reserve Ip addressing OR static IP address your whole network.

Personally, I have static IP address on All of my clients, better security and less router confusion,:D
Message 3 of 12
RusselAD
Aspirant

prodigio,

I have 4 xbox consoles in my house. Putting only one xbox address wont resolve my problem and I actually already tried that. Didn't help
Message 4 of 12
RusselAD
Aspirant

Lexist2112,

Upstream QoS is now disabled. The xbox was already under a reserve IP. NAT type is still strict
Message 5 of 12
Lexist2112
Luminary

If the Xbox1 was configured to another router prior to the R7000, I would reset and clear ALL network config on Xbox1. Unplug the R7000 and power cycle, let it grab the signal from your modem, them turn on the xbox and config.

Are you connected wired or wireless???

If that doesn't work I noticed your on the latest FW. I used it for 2 days when I realized wireless strength was degraded, I rolled back to FW .164. Everything seems to work well on the wireless on FW .164.

Hopefully by the end of the month Netgear should release a new FW and today MS is releasing a 2 part Xbox1 update. Hopefully some wireless tweaks for the X1. From what I have heard they have been working with Dlink on "issues".

Let us know:)
Message 6 of 12
RusselAD
Aspirant

This is the first router I tried so far. So that's not an issue. I'll try down grading my FW and see what happens. (Since that was the FW version netgear support told me to upgrade to.. Which actually caused me more problems)
Message 7 of 12
Lexist2112
Luminary

Microsoft delayed software update to later this week.:(

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/11/5400818/microsoft-delays-xbox-one-february-update
Message 8 of 12
RusselAD
Aspirant

Thanks for the update. Kind of sucks they delayed it. Oh! Once the system is released you can see the patch notes
Xbox One System Updates
Message 9 of 12
Mikey94025
Hero

Disclaimer - I know nothing about an Xbox One or NAT type and was curious. The solutions seemed to involve port forwarding to the device. Do you have more than one public IP from your ISP? It sounds like until Xbox Live allows devices to use various public ports other than 3074 you're stuck with strict as they cannot be individually addressed from the outside.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/1471361/3671451.aspx
Message 10 of 12
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Don't use DMZ and port forwarding at same time on single device
Message 11 of 12
RusselAD
Aspirant

Thanks for telling me about that. The current setup I have is actually what Netgear support told me to do.. Kind of why I gave up why phone and live chat support haha and signed up on the forums
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7