Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NOt able to connect to my netgear router

JOhngoes
Aspirant

NOt able to connect to my netgear router

i have my netgear router for almost 6 months now, and it has never given the satisfaction of a good wifi coverage on the attick of my house. Wifi repeaters did not work or are expensive for dual band. Now i have connected my older linksys router, E3000, and all seems to be working. But, i can not connect to my netgear router. I cannot find it via the routerlogin.net nor by using the netgear genie app on my ios device. The network is still there, i can connect trough wifi to the internet on both 2.5 g and 5 g, the guest networks are there but i do not know which IP addres the netgear is using (nor can i find the linksys) 

How can i reconnect to the netgear?

and offcourse i can go back to default settings and start all over, but that is a too easy answer. In what way is it possible for me to reconnect to the router, how am i able to find it in the current set up?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: NOt able to connect to my netgear router

Based on this I would suggest you set r7000 in ap mode and e3000 also in ap mode. Connect via a data cable to isp box.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

log into the router and go to attached devices ......all the devices should be listed along with their IP address.....if option is available Use address reservations for it so the IP won't change when router is power cycled.

If the r7000 is connected to another router you should use AP mode

Message 2 of 12
JOhngoes
Aspirant

Hi Searay,

how can i connect to the router when i do not know which ip adres it has? The Ip adresses i know are not responding , so probably it changed from ip adres, and now i don't know how to find it? The Netgear should be the main router since it is the most powerfull and newest router, but i cannot connect to it. So the answer on log on to the router does not fit the question. Do you have any other options?

Cheers JOhn 

Message 3 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You said you connected the E3000 isn't that a router?

Message 4 of 12
JOhngoes
Aspirant

yes the linksys is a router, but i am using it as an accesspoint. So DHCP  is off and it is only used for WIFI

Message 5 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

ok

what is the gateway IP

click on wifi connections and then details

Message 6 of 12
JOhngoes
Aspirant

192.168.2.254 but i am not able to connect to that, it is the router from the ISP and is the default gateway

Message 7 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The plot thickens,

Isp modem/gateway make & model and what Mode is in if capable of being a router

R7000 what mode is in and how is it connected

E3000 same r7000

Message 8 of 12
JOhngoes
Aspirant

Isp modem/gateway make & model and what Mode is in if capable of being a router

ISP : arcadyan telfort nl experia box v8. Is capable as being router. DHCP is on ( for tv) and INTERNET. Wifi disabled. IP 192.168.2.254

R7000 what mode is in and how is it connected

R7000 DHCP on connected to the ISP as internet input to R7000. Wifi is enabled. not known which ip it has, nor can i connect to this one. i suspect it to be 192.168.2.1. N

E3000. DHCP off. Wifi on. i suspect this one to be IP 192.168.1.1

Message 9 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Based on this I would suggest you set r7000 in ap mode and e3000 also in ap mode. Connect via a data cable to isp box.

Message 10 of 12
JOhngoes
Aspirant

hi Searay, i  am very sorry to have kept you busy today, i f*cked *p badly.. the internet connection was lost and due to that i was not able to connect to the netgear and the linksys... 

now the connection is back and all is restarted it is working as wanted/..

thank you very much for your patience and support!

Cheers John 

Message 11 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome,

No Problem! I have more time than money and glad to hear you got it working.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7