Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nest Thermostat

WildfireSmith
Aspirant

Nest Thermostat

Does anyone have a Nest thermostat working with this router, and did you have to do anything special to get it working?

I've tried a number of things already without much success (changing encryption, setting the nest to the DMZ, setting NAT to open, port triggers, port forwarding). The thermostat connects to the router fine, but can not see the Nest servers.

Just trying to narrow down if it's the router, the nest or some special setting I'm missing.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
WildfireSmith
Aspirant

Re: Nest Thermostat

Just wanted to note that I reset the router to factory settings, and my Nest is talking to the cloud servers again. I had done this once before with no result, so I can't really pin point what is happening, but I'll take it.  Thanks again for the replies.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
PigletRider
Apprentice

I have my Nest thermostat connected to my R8000.  Other than the Nest going offline for 30 minutes or so, once in a blue moon, I've had no issues with connectivity.  I had to do nothing special for the Nest to connect and stay connected.

Also, my 3 Nest Protect devices also have no issues with connectivity.

Message 2 of 5
LastMile
Tutor

I have 3 Nest thermostats connected to my R7500. They are connected to my 2.4Ghz network, with SSID broadcasting and WPA2 security. I had issues in the past with another router and Nests if the SSID wasn't being broadcast so if you aren't broadcasting the SSID I would start there.
Message 3 of 5
WildfireSmith
Aspirant

Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear that others have had success.

I've currently added an older router to my setup, since the Nest is happy connecting through it. Also, if I set the 7500 as an access point with the older router as the primary, and connect the Nest through the 7500, it's still happy.

But, if I have the 7500 as the primary or only access point, the thermostat connects to wifi fine, but never connects to the Nest server. So, I'm inclined to think it's something with the router since it connects via the old hardware.

I'll double check the SSID when I get home.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Message 4 of 5
WildfireSmith
Aspirant

Just wanted to note that I reset the router to factory settings, and my Nest is talking to the cloud servers again. I had done this once before with no result, so I can't really pin point what is happening, but I'll take it.  Thanks again for the replies.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7