Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC2400 - R7350 Firmware upgrade UI

nvda-short-opti
Follower

Netgear AC2400 - R7350 Firmware upgrade UI

So here is short summary of the Confusing and unresponsive UI for firmware upgrade

1. Upon login into routerlogin, now you are asked to do login for netgear account on top of  `admin` account that you used to do. Surprise

2. On so long hassle of password & login thing, finally you are able to see the router config and all nice things

3. You see firmware upgrade message poping on top of screen, so you decide to upgrade formware. Expect fun, but end up with frustration

4. You can see your current firmware version, latest firmware version and you feel its best day here to upgrade. So here you have no clear buttons and labels on which way to go.

5. I go to next page, where there is option to "upload" file and all sort of things. Ok!! I'm Smart enough to google and find out the firmware page and get file that I assume has the secret thing that firmware can patched to

6. Downloaded, and trying to upload. The error message says the file is incompatible. I am uploading .zip file. The buttons are so lame and confusing that which button to press and after which. So I tried all possible combination. Something happens on screen. No error, no success on scree.

7. Tried few times, rebooted router. Spent 30mins. No luck. Frustrated. Another 10mins on community to find out a form where I can vent my morning troubles I had with Netgear things. It has never lowered its bar of frustrating experience.

Happy to add more stuff. I am sure its just me out of their 5M customers who is facing this issue. Have a nice day

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear AC2400 - R7350 Firmware upgrade UI

Be sure you are unpacking the .zip file to reveal the actual FW .file that then needs to be uploaded using the routers web page. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear AC2400 - R7350 Firmware upgrade UI

@nvda-short-opti wrote:

1. Upon login into routerlogin, now you are asked to do login for netgear account on top of  `admin` account that you used to do. Surprise

Surprise indeed. I don't have to do that.

It suggests that something odd is going on at your end. Perhaps that explains why you had such a complicated experience in what is usually a simple process.

It  might have helped to read the manual before you started.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7