Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie App Not Displaying Traffic Meter Numbers Correctly with IOS 10

rrkrrk34
Tutor

Netgear Genie App Not Displaying Traffic Meter Numbers Correctly with IOS 10

Ever since I updated my Ipad Air 2 and Iphone 5 to IOS 10.0.1, the Genie app on those 2 devices won't display the Traffic Meter numbers--the numbers are blocked out. Both devices have been updated to IOS 10.0.2 and the numbers still don't display properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Genie app on both devices and the numbers are still blocked out. I tried an old Ipad 2 which isn't updated to IOS 10 and my Windows 10 desktop PC and the Genie Traffic Meter displays the numbers correctly. I called Netgear support, but they weren't aware of this issue and so far don't have a solution. Anyone encountered this issue on their Apple devices? Thanks! Another question--is there any way through the Genie app to have it tell me the amount of bandwidth/data usage per device rather than just in total for all devices? Thanks again!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Genie App Not Displaying Traffic Meter Numbers Correctly with IOS 10

Hey All 

I already have forwarded this to our engineering team. 

There was another user who have submitted the same case. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear Genie App Not Displaying Traffic Meter Numbers Correctly with IOS 10

Thanks! Another question--is there any way through the Genie app to have it tell me the amount of bandwidth/data usage per device rather than just in total for all devices? Thanks again!

usage cannot be broken down to a device

Message 2 of 7
rrkrrk34
Tutor

Thanks for that piece of the answer. Here's a pic of what the Traffic Meter looks like on my Ipad Air 2 and Iphone 5 with IOS 10.

Iphone 5 IOS 10.0.2 Netgear Genie App Traffic Meter Picture.PNG

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have you checked the router via WEB Gui did you enter the ISP limit

Message 4 of 7
Pluto8
Apprentice

This error was introduced with IOS 10, and I am sure everybody who uses the Genie app on iPad/iPhone to check the traffic meter have the same problem. To correct this,  Netgear must update the Genie app for IOS 10 (I also have an Android tablet; on this the traffic meter is correct).

Message 5 of 7
rrkrrk34
Tutor

Thanks all for the replies. I haven't entered the data cap amount in on traffic meter yet. But it's probably right that Netgear needs to update their app to accomodate IOS 10.

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hey All 

I already have forwarded this to our engineering team. 

There was another user who have submitted the same case. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7