Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear NightHawk R7000 AC1900 WiFi Router password reset

argo2d
Tutor

Netgear NightHawk R7000 AC1900 WiFi Router password reset

I was given a secondhand router with that model. I have it all set up and factory reset but now when I try to update the password, the app refuses to let me register the router, find the router or login with my newly created account or with admin/password and when I try to use the website http://192.168.1.1/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm I can login and enter the serial number just fine but then it takes me to a page asking for answers to 2 security questions for the previous owner so I'm stuck! how do i get around this and update my router password?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

when you setup the password it has to hit minimum requirements. That would be 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number, and 1 special character. You also need to have 10 characters. 

The 2 questions it asks are for password recovery. If they weren't setup, there isn't a correct answer but it still asks. 

Try resetting again. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the device is fully powered on. Then connect a pc/laptop to it and go to routerlogin . net 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

when you setup the password it has to hit minimum requirements. That would be 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number, and 1 special character. You also need to have 10 characters. 

The 2 questions it asks are for password recovery. If they weren't setup, there isn't a correct answer but it still asks. 

Try resetting again. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the device is fully powered on. Then connect a pc/laptop to it and go to routerlogin . net 

Message 2 of 3
argo2d
Tutor

the second reset worked (held it for your suggested time and that seemed to do the proper reset)

thanks!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7