Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Time-machine Backup not working

dkl_xr
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Time-machine Backup not working

Hello,
I've been struggling with this topic for far too long.
I own the above router and have seen that it can be supplemented with a hard drive.
I've already figured out how to connect them to the Mac. Very handy for data transfer within my home!
However, I have to make the main focus on the backup. That would be so handy not always having to plug in the hard drive-
So I followed the steps outlined in the guide. I came across a step where I can't get any further. Normally I set smb://DaniNet when connecting to the server on the Mac (router and Readyshare are called DaniNet) and then enter my login data. So far so good. Hard disk is of course also formatted on MacOS J. and is also recognized as this formatting on the router side. The volume is called backup.
If I do that, I can use the hard drive over the network. However, I can't find them in the Time Machine volumes.
The description actually says you have to log in with smb://routerlogin.net (instead of smb://DaniNet). However, that doesn't work for me and I get an error message. What's the difference here?
Plus another question: My current backup is on a hard drive that has two partitions. one NTFS and one for the Time Machine. Of course, the Mac recognizes this immediately via cable. But unfortunately not the router. There aren't two partitions on the Readyshare router side. I think the router can't see partitions of different types? I can live with that. I already have another hard drive!
I would be very happy to help! I'm already despairing.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Time-machine Backup not working

Might be something more tuned for asking the Apple community regarding there product. 

Might review this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-5-AC-Routers/Need-help-setting-up-time-machine/m-p/...

Not sure if it might impact anything here. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7