Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000

RAZ4
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000

Hi, All i have recently started facing an issue with 5ghz, sometimes it doesn't show up. Sometimes does but not accepting connections. As soon as I try to connect it says couldn't connect. I have tried changing various firmware(s) but no luck. Factory reset but no luck. I checked debug page when 5ghz is on it shows "5g wifi temperature -186". Is this a sign of hardware failing? Or is there a any way I can check if hardware is faulty?
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000

If its actually 186 degrees, thats kind of an indicator. 

Intel's specs for their wifi chips put their range up to 80 C. 

The 186 F comes out to around 86c. 

Thats pretty darned hot. You could try sticking a laptop cooler under it and seeing if it'd help keep it stable

Message 2 of 7
Kitsap
Master

What is the room temperature where the router is operating?

What is the temperature indication on the other two radios?

Most likely you do not have anything that will connect to the 60 GHz band.  Go to the Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> Wireless Settings section and disable the 60 GHz radio.  That will cut down the heat generated in your unit.

I doubt if the debug temperature values are in degrees F.  The negative number indicates something else is at fault.

Message 3 of 7
RAZ4
Aspirant

Room temperature is 10-15, 60ghz band is turned off already. See attached photo for other bands temperature.

CPU Load CPU1: 5.08% CPU2: 5.08% CPU3: 5.03% CPU4: 5.53%
Memory Usage(Used/Total) 237MB/1006MB
Flash Usage(Used/Total) 158MB/512MB
Network Session(Active/Total) 889/65536
CPU Temperature 37
2G WiFi Temperature 42
5G WiFi Temperature -186
60G 11ad baseband temperature
60G 11ad antenna array temperature
System Uptime 14:15:58
Wireless driver version 4.0.1756.382
Message 4 of 7
Kitsap
Master

What firmware version is presently installed?  The download section indicates the most recent version is 1.0.5.42.  How old is your router?  Do you know when it was put in service?

On the front panel of LEDs, the second LED in from the right is a combination indicator/switch for Wi-Fi on/off.  Normal instructions are to push and hold the button for two seconds and then release.  Recommend you repeat the on/off cycle a few times to confirm the switch is working.

Message 5 of 7
RAZ4
Aspirant

I am on 1.0.5.36 as 5ghz was working on this one, I tried most latest one and after a while it stoped working, I then downgraded to that. Not sure since when it's been in service. I will try the switch thing and test and see if it help, 2.5ghz works fine though, It just 5ghz it shows on the network as soon you enter password to connect it doesn't connect on PC it shows unable to connect to the network, mobile's it shows couldn't connect to the network. Is there a way to check out since when the router is been in service?
Message 6 of 7
Kitsap
Master

@RAZ4 wrote:
 Is there a way to check out since when the router is been in service?

No, not that I am aware of.  There is a way to dig deep and find out when it was manufactured.

There is the possibility of a hardware failure starting.  If you have not done so, change the 5 GHz channel to something in the 36-44 range at the 80 MHz width for testing.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7