Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 using a nighthawk s8000

toonfan11
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 using a nighthawk s8000

Hello,

im new on here so please be patient, at the moment I’m using a nighthawk s8000 switch with my virgin super hub 3, I have bought a nighthawk r8000 router, should I just use the r8000 with my super hub 3 in modem mode, or also use the switch, the ports on the r8000 will be enough for me

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
toonfan11
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 using a nighthawk s8000

Hi sorry for the delay in replying, been away, thank you for replying, no i dont need extra ports now, just thought they might be an advantage to having the switch connected, i have since removed the switch

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] I'm using a nighthawk s8000 switch with my virgin super hub 3,
> [...]

Ok.

> [...] I have bought a nighthawk r8000 router, [...]

Why?

> [...] should I just use the r8000 with my super hub 3 in modem mode,
> or also use the switch, the ports on the r8000 will be enough for me

If you don't need the switch, then why use the switch?

Message 2 of 4
myersw
Master

Same basic question as @antinode

Why the switch? Do you have a number of devices connected to the switch? Only reason I can think of for having the switch. Is the modem in bridge mode? If so plug the r8000 WAN port into the modem port via a Ethernet cable. Power both off then power up the modem and let it stablize then power up the r8000. If there are devices connected to the switch then Ethernet connect the switch to one of the router LAN ports. At that point you should be good to go after config of the r8000 and be good to go.

Message 3 of 4
toonfan11
Aspirant

Hi sorry for the delay in replying, been away, thank you for replying, no i dont need extra ports now, just thought they might be an advantage to having the switch connected, i have since removed the switch

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7