Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R7000 AC1900 with DD-WRT build 27261 not able to acces setting nor revert to Netgear

carp8000
Follower

Netgear R7000 AC1900 with DD-WRT build 27261 not able to acces setting nor revert to Netgear

Back in 2015 it purchased above mentioned router. Did flash it with DD-RWT. For some years it has not been used. 

Now it tried a 30/30/30 reset in order to factory reset the router and install Netgear software again. 

I´m able to acces to first picture - but when trying to upload firmware I´m prompted for a user and password: (tried the ones I could remember) and also root (user) admin (password). But nothings working - I´m not able to acces the routersettings.

The router is diplayed as DD-WRT and when connecting it works fine on the internet. But the problem is I cannot secure the network. 

Any suggestions to how to reinstall the netgear software? I´m using a mac-computer. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Netgear R7000 AC1900 with DD-WRT build 27261 not able to acces setting nor revert to Netgear

In my dd-wrt experience you may need to use a serial connection to restore the Netgear firmware. This would require popping the router cover open. 

Here is a writeup when using a MAC. Probably have two issues right off. Need of both a Ethernet dongle and a serial to USB cable. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/How-to-unbrick-the-Nighthawk-R7000-using-OS-...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

Re: Netgear R7000 AC1900 with DD-WRT build 27261 not able to acces setting nor revert to Netgear

@carp8000 wrote:

Any suggestions to how to reinstall the netgear software? I´m using a mac-computer. 

Talk to the people who create DD-WRT.

There aren't many people here who have deep knowledge of alternative firmware and Netgear certainly does not support it.

Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

In my dd-wrt experience you may need to use a serial connection to restore the Netgear firmware. This would require popping the router cover open. 

Here is a writeup when using a MAC. Probably have two issues right off. Need of both a Ethernet dongle and a serial to USB cable. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/How-to-unbrick-the-Nighthawk-R7000-using-OS-...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7