Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear R7000 External Hard Drive Issue

mocolo
Aspirant

Netgear R7000 External Hard Drive Issue

Hi everyone,

I have the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk and I'm trying to connect a Western Digital My Book 4TB 2.5 USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (WDBBGB0040HBK-NESN).  I am having great trouble.  I essentially cannot get it to appear on my network at all, or able to find the hard drive on my computer.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 15" running the latest OS.  I have no trouble accessing and using a WD My Book Live which I have connected via ethernet into the hard drive.  

I have tried plugging it into both the USB 3.0 on the front and 2.0 on the back.  I have tried messing around with the ready share settings.  Nothing works.  I have tried reformatting the hard drive from ExFAT to Mac OS Extended.  Does not work.  

Can anyone please help me?  

Thanks so much in advance!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mocolo
Aspirant

Hi James,

I figured out a solution right after I posted the message to the forum, so I didn't try the method you sent.  What ended up working for me was that I reformatted the external hard drive from ExFAT to NTFS.  As soon as I did that, I had no problem plugging it into the USB 3.0 port and accessing the drive via ready share.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi mocolo,

Will the router detects the drive? Can you see it on the UI under ReadyShare? If yes, try this KB.

https://kb.netgear.com/19948/Map-to-a-ReadySHARE-Drive-in-OS-X-with-Auto-Reconnect-after-Reboot

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi mocolo,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
mocolo
Aspirant

Hi James,

I figured out a solution right after I posted the message to the forum, so I didn't try the method you sent.  What ended up working for me was that I reformatted the external hard drive from ExFAT to NTFS.  As soon as I did that, I had no problem plugging it into the USB 3.0 port and accessing the drive via ready share.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7