Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear R7800 drop internet connection

jpotts2
Aspirant

Netgear R7800 drop internet connection

Just updated our R7800 router to the latest firmware and it is now dropping the internet. What do I need to do to fix?

NETGEAR - this release needs fixed so that it doesn't cause customers issues with internet dropping.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Go to 

https://www.netgear.com/support/

and put in router model. You will see a selection for previous firmware. Select that and then what version you want. After that do manual update through the netgear genie when logged into the router. Just keep track as to where you downloaded the firmware as you will need that for the manual update. Not hard to do. Should be in the manual. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
myersw
Master

temporary fix is to reinstall via manual update to the version that as working for you and wait for Netgear to get their act together if ever.

Message 2 of 5
jpotts2
Aspirant

How do I revert to the previous version?

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

Go to 

https://www.netgear.com/support/

and put in router model. You will see a selection for previous firmware. Select that and then what version you want. After that do manual update through the netgear genie when logged into the router. Just keep track as to where you downloaded the firmware as you will need that for the manual update. Not hard to do. Should be in the manual. 

Message 4 of 5
BKAmputee
Aspirant

The firmware 1.0.2.60 (and possibly 1.0.2.58) appear to be flawed and are causing WiFi to drop out. I reverted the firmware back to 1.0.2.52 and this was still happening until I did a hard reset (hold in the reset button on the back of the router with a paperclip for 7 seconds) and then reconfigured all router settings.

After installing the new firmware 1.0.2.60 the WiFi was dropping every 15 minutes like clockwork, though wired connections do not drop at all.

Probably Netgear should take down the flawed firmware until it can be fixed. Don't forget to reset and reconfigure after going back to the old firmware, or the problem will keep happening.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7