Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear iOS app tells me my firmware is up to date but it's not

Drewski4
Aspirant

Netgear iOS app tells me my firmware is up to date but it's not

When I check for updates via the ipad app, it says I'm up to date (I'm on 1.0.2.46) yet I see online there's a newer version (1.0.2.52). What gives?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Netgear iOS app tells me my firmware is up to date but it's not

What gives is NG... well they don't but... it seems to take time for the router to get the info... don't know it it depends on which server they connect to to check or not?

Another reason could be the country you are in, and they may reach other servers.

Since there is a newer one, d/l it, unzip it, then go to the ROUTER UPDATE tab using a BROWSER to log into Genie (better to do this with a wired device than wireless, break the connection and you could have a bricked/non-working router) and use BROWSE to point to the unzipped .CHK file and press UPDATE and let it happen.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

What gives is NG... well they don't but... it seems to take time for the router to get the info... don't know it it depends on which server they connect to to check or not?

Another reason could be the country you are in, and they may reach other servers.

Since there is a newer one, d/l it, unzip it, then go to the ROUTER UPDATE tab using a BROWSER to log into Genie (better to do this with a wired device than wireless, break the connection and you could have a bricked/non-working router) and use BROWSE to point to the unzipped .CHK file and press UPDATE and let it happen.

Message 2 of 4
Drewski4
Aspirant

I'm in the US. Thanks but I refuse to do this. I will wait for Netgear to get their "stuff" together a send a proper working update

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@Drewski4 wrote:

I'm in the US. Thanks but I refuse to do this. I will wait for Netgear to get their "stuff" together a send a proper working update

Getting a proper working update could be a long time, depending on what you mean by working. NG is famous currently for really crappy firmware, reason I sold my r8000p and am running LEDE on my r7800. The r7800 with LEDE will run until I want to do an update without any issues. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7