Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear nighthawk r7000p Internet speed low compared to a different router on the same line

Vigon61
Aspirant

Netgear nighthawk r7000p Internet speed low compared to a different router on the same line

The ISP provided speed is properly available when connected with different router but the same speed is not coming on the Netgear router. Restarted the router, Factory resetted the router, firm is up to date, tried to install previous version of firm and try didnt work.

Can any one suggest what could be wrong

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: Netgear nighthawk r7000p Internet speed low compared to a different router on the same line

Please mark this thread as resolved so others can benefit from the discussion.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

Re: Netgear nighthawk r7000p Internet speed low compared to a different router on the same line

@Vigon61 wrote:

The ISP provided speed is properly available when connected with different router but the same speed is not coming on the Netgear router. Restarted the router, Factory resetted the router, firm is up to date, tried to install previous version of firm and try didnt work.

Can any one suggest what could be wrong

What device are you using to test throughput?  How is this device connected to your Netgear router?  Via an Ethernet cable of via Wi-FI.  How do the various Wi-Fi settings on your different router compare to the Wi-Fi settings on your Netgear router.  Are you using the same frequency band, 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz, the same channel?

Is this unknown device perhaps running Windows?  If yes, is the network profile for your Netgear network set as public or private.  It should be private at home.

Message 2 of 6
Vigon61
Aspirant

I Have tried the speed test both on ethernet connected to PC and Wifi on 2Ghz as well as 5ghz.

I had a service man from ISP visit my house to check the settings and he had a spare router he checked the speed via his router, it worked well with full speed on his router even both router had the same settings.

And My PC network is set to Private Home network.

Message 3 of 6
Kitsap
Master

@Vigon61 wrote:

I Have tried the speed test both on ethernet connected to PC and Wifi on 2Ghz as well as 5ghz.

I had a service man from ISP visit my house to check the settings and he had a spare router he checked the speed via his router, it worked well with full speed on his router even both router had the same settings.

And My PC network is set to Private Home network.

You are going to have to put some numbers on what you consider low.

Use the Ookla installable test application available from the play store.  Do not use a web browser with a test site web address, do not use an internal test feature on a router or modem.

Start off with what is the brand name and model number of the modem that is connected upstream of your R7000P?

What is the throughput capacity you purchase from your ISP?  Up/down in Mbps.

With the R7000P, what are the test results from your PC connected via Ethernet cable?  Up/down in Mbps.

With the R7000P, what are the test results from your PC connected via 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi?  Up/down in Mbps.

With the R7000P, what are the test results from your PC connected via 5 GHz Wi-Fi?  Up/down in Mbps.

Message 4 of 6
Vigon61
Aspirant

Thanks for taking time to respond to me.

I finally was able to fix the issue, i did had to logout from my ISP account and update the router to latest firmware again and reset to factory settings and log back to ISP account for it to work. Not exactly sure though was the log out and login of ISP worked or update and reset of router worked or combo of it worked, but its back to the ISP speed of 150Mbps now (it was running at 20 Mbps during the issue).

Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Please mark this thread as resolved so others can benefit from the discussion.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7