Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear r7000 login issues

knavey
Tutor

Netgear r7000 login issues

I have a Netgear r7000 that is connected downstream of my Verizon wireless modem.  

Wall - Verizon Cable Wireless Modem - Wall - Cable - Wall - Port 1 on the back of the Netgear modem.  It is supposed to provide access to the back office and the Verizon modem is front office.

When I try to login to 192.168.0.1, it gives me limited access to the Verizon modem.  I have been unable to logon to the admin section of the modem to set it up.  I have been able to use the WPS key to connect to it wirelessly, but need to make some setting adjustments in admin mode.

Any ideas how to get to the correct modem?  I have tried 192.168.1.1 and it does not work.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Netgear r7000 login issues

Disconnect the R7000 from everything except power.  Perform a factory reset by pushing the physical reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until the lights flash off and on.  Wait for the router to reboot.  Then, connect a single computer to one of the LAN ports on the R7000.  Point the browser at routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.

Configure the Wi-Fi, as desired.  Then enable AP Mode.  At this point, your computer will probably lose its connection to the R7000.  Connect the R7000 WAN port to your Brighthouse router LAN port.  Test Internet access.

Once the R7000 is in AP mode, routerlogin.net may no longer work, so you may have to log in using whatever IP address it obtained for itself from the Brighthouse router.  You may have to log into the Brighthouse router to find the IP address assigned to the R7000.  You can also set up the R7000 with a static IP address.  This option is available when enabling AP Mode.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
knavey
Tutor

Also,

I have tried using net genie but it is not allowing me to login  because it is looking at the 192.168.0.1 verizon router and says it is not supported.  I have been unable to determine what the ip address is of the Netgear router.

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Start over!

Download and read the r7000 manual regarding AP Mode.

The verizon APPEARS to be a router too, so you'll need to set the r7000 as an AP in AP MODE.

Message 3 of 9
knavey
Tutor

Ok...trying that but I cannot login at the websites routerlogin.com or .net.  Both of them return the brighthouse page with ads...nothing there to login to the netgear router.

And...its a BRIGHTHOUSE router and not VERIZON.  Messed up on that one.  Was thinking of the home and not the office account.

Message 4 of 9
knavey
Tutor

And...because I can't login thru the website, I am back at square one...cannot setup the AP part of the router.

Thanks for the help so far.

Message 5 of 9
knavey
Tutor

And...a bit more info.

This is where the routerlogin.com and .net both take me...

http://www.dnsrsearch.com/index.php?origURL=http%3A//www.routerlogin.com/&r=&bc=

Message 6 of 9
TheEther
Guru

Disconnect the R7000 from everything except power.  Perform a factory reset by pushing the physical reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until the lights flash off and on.  Wait for the router to reboot.  Then, connect a single computer to one of the LAN ports on the R7000.  Point the browser at routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.

Configure the Wi-Fi, as desired.  Then enable AP Mode.  At this point, your computer will probably lose its connection to the R7000.  Connect the R7000 WAN port to your Brighthouse router LAN port.  Test Internet access.

Once the R7000 is in AP mode, routerlogin.net may no longer work, so you may have to log in using whatever IP address it obtained for itself from the Brighthouse router.  You may have to log into the Brighthouse router to find the IP address assigned to the R7000.  You can also set up the R7000 with a static IP address.  This option is available when enabling AP Mode.

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

disconnect the r7000 from everything except a wired PC ....push and hold reset until POWER led Flashes.....after router finishes booting up.....restart PC...it should boot up and get IP 192.168.1.2 if not start over again.

Message 8 of 9
knavey
Tutor

This worked!

Appreciate everything you guys did for me.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7