Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Never Again!

Mistake
Follower

Never Again!

I used to be a happy NetGear client, but after this purchase I will never again buy one.  This is the first device I have ever wanted to take out to the driveway and back over repeatedly until it was smashed to smithereens.  It would not connect to my existing system, the software forced me to install it on my phone and still didn't work, and it would not play nice no matter what I tried.  I am relatively computer savvy and still spent 6 hours trying to get it to work.  No help to be found on the internet, just going round in circles.  I'm done with Netgear.  This is going back to the store and I'll purchase another brand. 

All I needed was a booster/slave so that we could get wifi service in our family room.  Grrr!

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 2

Re: Never Again!

@Mistake wrote:

All I needed was a booster/slave so that we could get wifi service in our family room.  Grrr!

If you bought the R6260 listed in your footer for that, then it probably wasn't the best choice. That is a router – and a pretty basic one at that.  It can need some messing about with if you want to add it to another router, if that is what you have already.

To achieve what you want, you probably need to use the use the R6260 in wireless access point mode. That means plugging the R6260 into whatever router you own.

An alternative is to use the R6260 as a "WiFi Bridge".

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. The manual explains how to set up these options.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7