Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk R7000

rungel
Tutor

Night Hawk R7000

My WiFi on the R7000 will not turn on.  I've tried the buttons on the unit and going into settings. The lights on the unit do not light up. 

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

Re: Night Hawk R7000

Greetings,

I see you re using Genie for windows. 

STOP here. Do not use Genie for Windows or your mobile device to administrer your router.  Log into the router from a web browser.  www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1

Its time for factory reset.

Advanced tab > Administration > Back Up Settings > [Erase] button.

If this doesn't reslove, we need to know what FW version you are using and if you have recently upgraded?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10

All Replies
rungel
Tutor

I've just noticed in settings my wifi is all grayed out. 

Message 2 of 10

Greetings,

I see you re using Genie for windows. 

STOP here. Do not use Genie for Windows or your mobile device to administrer your router.  Log into the router from a web browser.  www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1

Its time for factory reset.

Advanced tab > Administration > Back Up Settings > [Erase] button.

If this doesn't reslove, we need to know what FW version you are using and if you have recently upgraded?

Message 3 of 10
rungel
Tutor

Hi,

I've done a factory reset about 2 times. I reflashed firmware R7000 - 1.0.9.34 using Genie.. I'll take Genie off. 

I've done factory resets (2 I think) and booting up in sequence ..Right now I'm having a problem with my Charter internet. They're sending a truck out tomorrow. When i would be surfing wirelessly on the laptop i would get page errors for a second and then the page would come up. I'm running the CM500 modem. When i go into the R7000 settings wireless is checked off but all grayed out. I try to tick the box to disable wireless but i get the message wireless is busy trying to connect. 

Message 4 of 10
rungel
Tutor

I will try this tomorrow Advanced tab > Administration > Back Up Settings > [Erase] button

Right now I'm getting to many timeouts in the browser

Thank you

Message 5 of 10
rungel
Tutor

Every time i connect the router into my network it just trashes my connection. The only lights on are power, internet flickering and the cat5 cable running to the computer.  I think it's bricked.  No lights for 2.4 or 5ghz and no buttons work for them either.  When i push the button to turn wireless on all i get is a flash of light. 

Message 6 of 10
rungel
Tutor

That worked all my lights are up and running and connected to the internet. Thank you very much. I've learned my lesson .. no more firmware updating wirelessly..lol.. One more problem.. I'm having an Authentication problem connecting my android phone..   

Message 7 of 10

Good work.  You made some big strides!

Use the Forget Network feature in the WiFi options on your mobile device and attempt to reconnect your phone. 

Message 8 of 10
rungel
Tutor

@shadowsports wrote:

Good work.  You made some big strides!

Use the Forget Network feature in the WiFi options and attempt to reconnect your phone. 

Yes that worked. I forget a lot about this stuff.. Now i need to enable QOS is it? For buffer overfloat. I know it cuts down on speed the first few seconds 

Message 9 of 10

If your router is functioning and stable, I would not enable QoS. If you want to test it, make a back up of the .cfg before doing so.  This may give you the ability to "go back" if you experience any undesired behavior. I suggest a full restart after making said change.  

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7