Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1750 setup stalls at routerlogin

i2ikombat
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1750 setup stalls at routerlogin

Hi everyone. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff so be nice. 😉 I just purchased the Nighthawk AC1750 along with the Netgear CM400 HS Cable Modem in order to replace the jinky one from Comcast. The modem connected no problem. Then I followed the written instruction to install the router. I messed up when it came to the ethernet cord and instead of taking the cord from the back of the computer and plugging into the router, I unplugged the cord from the modem and plugged it into the router. I figured that out when it came time to plug an ethernet into the computer to have a wired connection. So, I unplugged the ethernets and tried again. Then came time to get the browser up to put in the password and whatnot. Firefox opened up about 4 tabs on its own, each one trying to detect internet connection. Internet connection failed. I tried rebooting the modem, I checked all ethernet cords. Tabs continued to spontaneously open looking for a connection to the routerlogin.net page. I turned off the computer, unplugged everything and tried again, this time following the instructions correctly. Still have the same problem. I'm certain it's probably a simple mistake, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. So...does anyone have a direction in which to send me? Thank you!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk AC1750 setup stalls at routerlogin

When it opens the 2nd tab........ close both tabs.... and type 192.168.1.1

admin

password

go to setup....internet setup.....select use pc MAC address ....apply then power cycle modem router and PC

try clearing browser cache

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

reset router to defaults but first disconnect all cables except power

after the reset start over

Message 2 of 6
i2ikombat
Aspirant

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. As soon as I plug the Ethernet from the computer to the router the browser opens to continue to the genie screen. Genie screen loads with the message, " detecting if there is an existing router..." ( which there is not), the message "checking internet connection, please wait" and when this shows, a second tab opens and begins the same process again. Finally a message is displayed stating, " you are not connected to the Internet."

The modem is working correctly. I am able to connect no problem if I am using just the modem.

Computer is HP 110 desktop running Win10
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When it opens the 2nd tab........ close both tabs.... and type 192.168.1.1

admin

password

go to setup....internet setup.....select use pc MAC address ....apply then power cycle modem router and PC

try clearing browser cache

Message 4 of 6
i2ikombat
Aspirant

Thanks! It kind of worked and kind of didn't at the same time. I closed out both tabs, reopened browser, typed address, and immediately the same message appeared on three more tabs. I didn't have to log in as admin or type a password, it connected and I was able to continue to the genie screen. It dropped twice but seems to be working now thank you for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome

Good Luck

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation