Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

TexasIndian
Tutor

Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

albeit disappointed Netgear owner can't email query (crappy customer service),  grateful there is a support thread of knowledgeable users...3 simple questions:

1.  How many devices (cells/tablets/FireStick) can be used within home before needing to upgrade??

2.  I initially loaded several devices at once, rather than one at a time (idiot) so do NOT know what several of the devices listed in my "Network Family" are....

How do I determine which address/icon belongs to individual devices (so I can 'name'/label each one)??

3.  Seems more often than not, whenever I open my Netgear icon, the thin banner above the icon tiles announces "new firmware" or "new Netgear update"

is available...even though I just downloaded (with all appearances successfully) said update the prior day/week/etc??   Or are there numerous updates?

Appreciate any/all advice/assistance/guidance...please converse in "near-idiot 60 year old just recently crawling into 21st centur-speak"

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TexasIndian
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

WOW, it appears I'm now gonna have to pick a new profile icon; otherwise other contributors will confuse

me with TheEther and presume I have a clue!!!   Not sure TheEther could have answered my questions

and provided solutions any clearer...and obviously fluent in speaking Oldtimerz...accept my gratitude  ;-))

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

1. Per this support article, 32 wireless devices are supported per wireless band.  For the R7000, that means 32 devices for 2.4 GHz and 32 devices for 5 GHz for a total of 64 devices.
  2. You can log into your R7000 (point your browser at http://routerlogin.net) and click on the Attached Devices tab.
  3. The latest version is always available at http://support.netgear.com/product/R7000.  If it matches what is installed on your router, then you can ignore the banner.
Message 2 of 3
TexasIndian
Tutor

WOW, it appears I'm now gonna have to pick a new profile icon; otherwise other contributors will confuse

me with TheEther and presume I have a clue!!!   Not sure TheEther could have answered my questions

and provided solutions any clearer...and obviously fluent in speaking Oldtimerz...accept my gratitude  ;-))

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7