Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk New Install Black Ops 3 Moderate Nat

soonerchad
Tutor

Nighthawk New Install Black Ops 3 Moderate Nat

I have a Netgear N450 modem/router. I just bought a Nighthawk R7000. I play Black Ops 3, the problem I was having before the Nighthawk was lag. I bought the Nighthawk with hopes of helping said lag. When I turn on my Xbox One the system itself says open nat, however the game says moderate nat. I have tried everything I know to do but cant get an open nat on the game. I have managed to get strict but never open. I have tried disable/enable UPNP, tried port forwarding a ton of different ports I found online, tried reseting modem/router and nighthawk numerous times, restarted Xbox One numerous times, tried everything I can think of the last two days.  This is my last attempt then its going back to the store cause I dont know what to do!

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk New Install Black Ops 3 Moderate Nat

I'm assuming that you have a CG3000D modem/router.  Try looking for a bridge mode setting under the advanced options.  If there's nothing there, then try going to http://192.168.0.1/RgNatControl.asp.  Use your modem's IP address if it's not 192.168.0.1.  There's supposed to be an option to turn off NAT.  This should be equivalent to enabling bridge mode.  Read about this here (link).

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Disable port forwarding.  Enable uPnP.  Enable Open NAT in WAN Setup.

Message 2 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

Ill try that, will be back with results.  Thanks

Message 3 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

Factory reset both the modem and router.  UPNP was enabled, no port forwarding.  Ticked the open on the Nat settings.  Tried Black Ops, still Moderate.  Restarted modem, router, and Xbox One, and tried again. Still moderate.  Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 11
TheEther
Guru

Did you put your modem into bridge mode? You need to do that in order for the Nighthawk to function as the only router. Otherwise, uPnP won't work properly.
Message 5 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

Thats kinda what I was thinking but from what I have read and see there is no bridge mode on this modem.  Thanks for the reply!  Maybe I need to buy a new modem???

Message 6 of 11
TheEther
Guru

What's the model of your modem/router?

Message 7 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

Netgear N450 modem/router
Message 8 of 11
TheEther
Guru

I'm assuming that you have a CG3000D modem/router.  Try looking for a bridge mode setting under the advanced options.  If there's nothing there, then try going to http://192.168.0.1/RgNatControl.asp.  Use your modem's IP address if it's not 192.168.0.1.  There's supposed to be an option to turn off NAT.  This should be equivalent to enabling bridge mode.  Read about this here (link).

Message 9 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

You are right that is the modem/router I have.  I have actually done what you said and i had no internet access at all.  i contacted Cox and they told me it isnt able to bridge.  I guess at this point its either spend more money for another modem or scrap the whole idea and just take back the Nighthawk.  Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 11
soonerchad
Tutor

Well well well, you sir are a networking ROCKSTAR! I tried it again and it worked.  OPENED NAT!! You obviously are smarter than the Cox tool.  I dont know how to thank you but you will diffently have good karma come your way!!!

Thank you again!!!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7