Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 Dynamic DNS not working

PowerHouse99
Aspirant

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 Dynamic DNS not working

I use to use DYNDNS for my DDNS for years without issue. I switched to NOIP because it was cheaper and also free for Netgear. When I select this, I get [Dynamic DNS] host name registeration successful, registeration failure netgear in the logs. Yes.spelled wrong also. I tired reflashing the router. Reset back to defaults. Use a Mynetgear DDNS name and switched to NoIP - DDNS.NET with no help. At my wits end. There is a bug somewhere. I worked with NOIP and they said to tell Netgear to update the firmware. Anyone find a resolution? Thanks. I am using firmware v1.-.2.62 which is the latest. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
PowerHouse99
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 Dynamic DNS not working

Pretty fustrating that there is no way to even inform Netgear of a bug in their firmware. Wow. Maybe take a cue from Microsoft and Andriod support. Your user base discovers the bugs for you. Why ignore your biggest asset? Even NOIP says to inform Netgear of the issue but there is just no way to do so without paying $89.00 for a support fee. I'll pay for $44 for the discounted DYNDNS instead of the $21 NOIP just to get it to work. I know one thing I won't be supporting.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
PowerHouse99
Aspirant

Also, the first time you enter the DDNS info, it sends correctly and sets the IP. The issue is it never updates again.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 2 of 3
PowerHouse99
Aspirant

Pretty fustrating that there is no way to even inform Netgear of a bug in their firmware. Wow. Maybe take a cue from Microsoft and Andriod support. Your user base discovers the bugs for you. Why ignore your biggest asset? Even NOIP says to inform Netgear of the issue but there is just no way to do so without paying $89.00 for a support fee. I'll pay for $44 for the discounted DYNDNS instead of the $21 NOIP just to get it to work. I know one thing I won't be supporting.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7