Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700 V3 issues

BK241709
Follower

Nighthawk R6700 V3 issues

Ever since I installed by R6700 V3 router several months ago I've had multiple issues:

-- I regularly have to verify that I'm not a bot when googling for information.

-- I am unable to use several sites, such as Ticketmaster and sports betting sites among others, because I am perceived to be a bot.

-- I get an error mesage whenever trying to click on a selection on Netflix with the TVs in our home. It works fine on other devices but not on our TVs.

The above issues all started happening after I installed the new router. Is there something I could have done wrong in installation? Has anyone heard of any type of similar problems? 

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R6700 V3 issues

@BK241709 wrote:

The above issues all started happening after I installed the new router. Is there something I could have done wrong in installation? Has anyone heard of any type of similar problems? 

Are these issues on a PC? Windows by any chance?

Windows sometimes sees a new network (your new router) as suspicious and tries to protect you.

One thought is that you could tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

I'm told that this is rubbish advice. But it has worked for me and others in the same boat.

Beyond that, the router itself isn't likely to be intercepting stuff.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7