Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700v2 not getting internet from modem

Cowboys254
Aspirant

Nighthawk R6700v2 not getting internet from modem

I recently bought a new Netgear modem and router, and I called my ISP to activate my modem which worked. I connect my modem to my PC through a Ethernet cord and my PC gets internet but when I try to connect the modem to the router, the router says it’s not getting any internet from the modem. I’ve tried to reset the modem and router both but it still did not work. If any one could help I’d really appreciate it.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk R6700v2 not getting internet from modem

OK, but did you read the MANUAL on-line, https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700v2/R6700v2_UM_EN.pdf? It shows you how to connect the modem and router on page 15. Did that and you put the cables in the right sockets? Need to ensure the cable you are using is good? Are you using the same one that was connected from modem to PC before? If not, use that one and see what happens.

@Cowboys254 wrote:
-The model # is CM500

-I can reach the genie page but cannot get in.

Good, but WHAT does it show when you get there? Are you seeing the USERID and PASSWORD prompt or something different?

@Cowboys254 wrote:
-The model # is CM500
It says there’s a problem detecting the internet connection.

I don't think it should do that unless you are trying to go to the INTERNET? What browser are you using to do this? What are you entering into the URL?

I suggest you look AT THIS PAGE and watch the video's and follow what they show.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

A couple of things to look at and maybe supply more info?

• What is the NG modem model number?
  • The modem will generally 'remember' who it was connected to via the MAC address. You can't just plug in another 'thing'. Your PC's MAC Address is what the modem is looking for and it will not recognize your router. You need to power OFF the modem. Then connect the router and power up the modem and when it is fully up, then the router is powered up, and lastly any devices. If this works, don't need the modem model number.
  • Can you reach the router's Web Browser Genie page? If so, can you get in? Can you configure the router?

For now, post back if it is fixed or the info requested?

Message 2 of 5
Cowboys254
Aspirant

-The model # is CM500

-I can reach the genie page but cannot get in. It says there’s a problem detecting the internet connection. I try the solutions but they don’t work.
Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

OK, but did you read the MANUAL on-line, https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700v2/R6700v2_UM_EN.pdf? It shows you how to connect the modem and router on page 15. Did that and you put the cables in the right sockets? Need to ensure the cable you are using is good? Are you using the same one that was connected from modem to PC before? If not, use that one and see what happens.

@Cowboys254 wrote:
-The model # is CM500

-I can reach the genie page but cannot get in.

Good, but WHAT does it show when you get there? Are you seeing the USERID and PASSWORD prompt or something different?

@Cowboys254 wrote:
-The model # is CM500
It says there’s a problem detecting the internet connection.

I don't think it should do that unless you are trying to go to the INTERNET? What browser are you using to do this? What are you entering into the URL?

I suggest you look AT THIS PAGE and watch the video's and follow what they show.

Message 4 of 5
Cowboys254
Aspirant

I don’t know what I did but it started working randomly. I thank you for replying and trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7