Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R6700v3 - Whatsapp calls won’t connect

davedave90
Follower

Nighthawk R6700v3 - Whatsapp calls won’t connect

Hey everyone, I’ve seen over 100 posts about this but not a single solution.
I just got this router. Everything works well except Whatsapp.
I’m using iPhone 11 and every time I make voice or video calls on Whatsapp or receive calls and touch “answer” button, the internet connection stops working. I always have to switch to cellular data to be able to talk or video chat.

Is there any solution to fix this?
This doesn’t happen on any other apps. Only whatsapp.

Thanks,
Dave

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
DutchyMN
Initiate

I have the exact same issue. Ever since the IOS 14 update I can’t WhatsApp call through my Nighthawk R7000. It will keep reconnecting. If I call through FaceTime it works fine. If I call through WhatsApp using my XFi router in basement it works fine. Just no WhatsApp calls through R7000.
Message 2 of 6
Dapsylaw
Aspirant

Hi all,
I am having problems receiving WhatsApp calls. The calls keep reconnecting and sometimes it just says poor signal and doesn’t work. The problem is with the R7000. I am surprised because I use Verizon Fios (fiber) and my speed tests reach 300 MBPS. The outgoing WhatsApp call are fine just the incoming calls have issues. When I switch from WiFi to Cellular it works well. I think Netgear should resolve this problem as I am not the only one complaining. Thank you.
Ola
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 6
Dapsylaw
Aspirant

I found out the problem is with IPhone. You need to go to your settings-WhatsApp-then enable local network for WhatsApp.
Message 4 of 6
Dapsylaw
Aspirant

I found out the problem is with IPhone. You need to go to your settings-WhatsApp-then enable local network for WhatsApp. This should work
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 6
Phi2bonnet
Aspirant

Hey
Any idea where to solve the same issue on Android WhatsApp? I didn't find the place to allow the network to run
Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7