Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 Video/Audio Stuttering on Windows 10 Only

broke_n_tired
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 Video/Audio Stuttering on Windows 10 Only

Hello. For some reason, when listening to music or watching videos, be it local music files or online, there's always this stuttering and popping noise but only when I'm connected to the netgear wifi on my HP Windows 10 laptop. Everything is fine when I disconnect and use a non-netgear one, so I assumed it was the router. But on my chromebook, there are no issues when using it.

I've looked online and have done, the rebooting of the router, resetting of the laptop, updating windows, updating the drivers, updating firmware and rollbacking it, but nothing works.

Hardware Version: R7000
Firmware Version: V1.0.11.110_10.2.100
Windows 10 Version: 20H2

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
maroual
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Video/Audio Stuttering on Windows 10 Only

Hi,

Although the admin interface will not propose it, note that you can manually download Firmware Version 1.0.11.116.

For what it's worth, you may give it a try.

Message 2 of 4
maroual
Aspirant

Before the update to 1.0.11.116, I was experiencing random disconnections to both 802.11n and ac, and my Sonos products were also getting quite often out of sync.

Since this update, I still haven't experienced any disconnections ... fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 4
broke_n_tired
Aspirant

Tried it and the audio is still stuttering.

For a time, I had my laptop connected to a 32 inch tv and the audio, coming from the tv's speakers sounded good, so assumed everything had fixed itself somehow. But not that I've gotten myself a monitor, I've had to use a bluetooth speaker and the audio is stuttering. And yet, when I connect to another wifi, that isn't Netgear's, everything is fine.

Are there any drivers I can download that are compatible with the R7000 to update my laptop?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7