Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 gets "Page block by R7000" when accessing Router Admin

cpatafio
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 gets "Page block by R7000" when accessing Router Admin

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 that I loaned to my daughter. I got it back and wanted to reset it to default. I tried logging in but the user/password wouldn't work. I tried resetting it using the reset button. This got me to the initial opening page where I'm asked if I want it to auto-update. But, when I clicked the submit button, I got a blank page with just one line at the top... "Page block by R7000".

I've tried everything to get past this, including the "30-30-30" method and trying to reload the firmware via TFTP. They all failed. When trying to reload the firmware via TFTP, I never got the blinking orange power light.

Is there ANY way to get access to the Router Admin again? I've tried both with an ethernet connection as well as a wireless connection (yes I can connect via wireless). The only thing I haven't tried is connecting my internet modem to the router to see if it actually connects to the internet.

Is there some way to do a "hard reset" of the router or is that the "30-30-30" reset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Clem

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R7000 gets "Page block by R7000" when accessing Router Admin

@cpatafio wrote:

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 that I loaned to my daughter. I got it back and wanted to reset it to default. I tried logging in but the user/password wouldn't work. I tried resetting it using the reset button. This got me to the initial opening page where I'm asked if I want it to auto-update. But, when I clicked the submit button, I got a blank page with just one line at the top... "Page block by R7000".

What were you doing when this happened? It looks more like a browser thing than anything that would show up in the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

What do you mean by "the user/password wouldn't work"?

It rejected them? Something else?

I've tried everything to get past this, including the "30-30-30" method and trying to reload the firmware via TFTP. They all failed. When trying to reload the firmware via TFTP, I never got the blinking orange power light.

Why did you dive into TFTP? That is to deal with corrupt firmware. What does the power LED look like?

Is there some way to do a "hard reset" of the router or is that the "30-30-30" reset?

That is the recovery reset. But first what about that power LED?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7