Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 not connecting to internet

Pallo
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 not connecting to internet

I have spent about 2 hours looking at different fixes and resolutions to my issue I'm having here. I have Comcast/xfinity internet, with an Comcast/xfinity modem, which is connected to my nighthawk, which is connected to my computer which is running windows. My router stopped working. The globe LED on the front is now orange, and I cannot access the netgear control panel (192.168.1.1) nor my isp control panel (10.0.0.1) due to "ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE". I cannot access any external webpages either with the error "DSN_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET", this is 'll according to Google chrome. I've tried restarting my Comcast/xfinity modem via their mobile app. I've also factory reset the nighthawk via the reccesed switch on the back with a paperclip. I've tried unplugging and turning on/off both the modem and the router. The physical connections are secured, and I've tried moving the Ethernet cables to different ports on the router and the modem in different combinations. What caused the whole thing was me putting the nighthawk into bridge mode, and losing access to the netgear control panel. I'm desperate for any solutions, thank you.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk R7000 not connecting to internet

@Pallo wrote:
 What caused the whole thing was me putting the nighthawk into bridge mode, and losing access to thenetgear control panel. I'm desperate for any solutions, thank you.

What is the modem MODEL number?

Disconnect router except for a wired PC connecting to a lan port. Press and hold reset until power Led flashes IF done correctly the router will reset to defaults and allow access again via IE and by 192.168.1.1

Disconnect PC from router>

Connect PC to modem press and hold reset until all leds flash this will reset modem and or modem/router applicable. If modem only great verify you can surf .....disconnect from modem  ...connect to router lan port.....login .....setup....internet setup....use PC Mac address. connect router to modem power cycle both after several minutes the internet led on router should be solid white.

if modem is router combo    make a decision!  change Bridge mode  and use r7000 as router   or leave in router mode and use r7000 in AP MODE

Download FW 1.0.6.28 from support and install this FW FIRST!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Pallo
Aspirant

Also, if I connect my computer directly to my Comcast/xfinity modem via Ethernet cable, I can access the internet just fine.
Message 2 of 8
Kryptical
Aspirant

Weird, I started getting that issue yesterday except it was every 10 minutes.
Now today I can't even access any webpages, if I ping any address the IP address shown is my router.

I've plugged my default ISP router in and theres no issues.

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Pallo wrote:
 What caused the whole thing was me putting the nighthawk into bridge mode, and losing access to thenetgear control panel. I'm desperate for any solutions, thank you.

What is the modem MODEL number?

Disconnect router except for a wired PC connecting to a lan port. Press and hold reset until power Led flashes IF done correctly the router will reset to defaults and allow access again via IE and by 192.168.1.1

Disconnect PC from router>

Connect PC to modem press and hold reset until all leds flash this will reset modem and or modem/router applicable. If modem only great verify you can surf .....disconnect from modem  ...connect to router lan port.....login .....setup....internet setup....use PC Mac address. connect router to modem power cycle both after several minutes the internet led on router should be solid white.

if modem is router combo    make a decision!  change Bridge mode  and use r7000 as router   or leave in router mode and use r7000 in AP MODE

Download FW 1.0.6.28 from support and install this FW FIRST!

Message 4 of 8
Pallo
Aspirant

I will try this solution when I get home, but this is something I have yet to do. I have high hopes that this will resolve my issue. I'll update the thread when I try it. Thanks so much.
Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why did you select bridge mode on the r7000 anyway? 

Message 6 of 8
Pallo
Aspirant

This fixed the issue, I'm back up and going. Thanks so much!

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements