Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R700P and Parent Controls

Tibetan70
Tutor

Nighthawk R700P and Parent Controls

I have owned a Nighthawk R7000P router for a year. I would need the Parental Controls feature. I am disappointed to find that Netgear offers such a feature to users through a paid app. Circle Free is not enough for me as you have to pay for the Bed Time and Time Limits features. Not a little: this service costs $ 50 a year (but in the App Store around 70 dollars) . Why???
This feature is available for free from other premium manufacturers (Asus, Synology, etc.), a feature built into the menu. Once I paid for the router (not for a little money), why can’t I fix this problem for free. I don't need the app. For me, it is enough to be able to set a family schedule in the web menu. is there a solution to this? Or should I sell this router and buy another one from, say, Asus?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R700P and Parent Controls

Even support for the current version of parental controls is being pulled. 

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

If you're wanting those features using the stock firmware, you'd need to either purchase the plan or a different router. 

there is 3rd party firmware out there and some of them might support those features for free. But you'd need to check into the them. As well as you risk bricking the router. it voids your warranty but you're already out of that anyway. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7