Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R8000 extension of limitation of wifi clients and network

ChristianWis
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8000 extension of limitation of wifi clients and network

Hello friends,

Finally, after adding IoT devices to my router, I reached the maximum limitation of 35 clients, it does not allow me to add more. How can I resolve this limitation? I would need to take it to approximately 50 clients in total.

Try adding another 2.4ghz router and connecting it via RJ45 cable. But the R8000 router still sees the new router's clients as part of the 35 clients and I don't know what else to do to expand the capacity.

If you have ideas, they will be welcome.

Thanks you!

Christian

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

One thing to try. 

the R8000 is triband. There's a few versions of IoT devices that are dual band and could connect to the 5ghz. You could connect them to that. 

Also, what router did you connect to the R8000? did you set it with a separate ssid? 

the r8000 can have more than 35 device connected to it but not on the same band. so if you can separate them out, it can work

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@ChristianWis wrote:

Hello friends,

Finally, after adding IoT devices to my router, I reached the maximum limitation of 35 clients, it does not allow me to add more. How can I resolve this limitation? I would need to take it to approximately 50 clients in total.

Try adding another 2.4ghz router and connecting it via RJ45 cable. But the R8000 router still sees the new router's clients as part of the 35 clients and I don't know what else to do to expand the capacity.

If you have ideas, they will be welcome.

Thanks you!

Christian

Your most effective option is to replace the router.  The design of the R8000 is several years old.  Newer designs offer more performance, more broadcast bands, and accommodate more devices.

Some good background reading here:  https://www.wiisfi.com/

Do your homework.  Check the specifications for the number of accommodated devices.  You can easily spend way more than is necessary!

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

One thing to try. 

the R8000 is triband. There's a few versions of IoT devices that are dual band and could connect to the 5ghz. You could connect them to that. 

Also, what router did you connect to the R8000? did you set it with a separate ssid? 

the r8000 can have more than 35 device connected to it but not on the same band. so if you can separate them out, it can work

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7