Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R800P unable to reserve static IP address

Dan03
Follower

Nighthawk R800P unable to reserve static IP address

I have a Nighthawk R800P Router on firmware version: 

V1.4.4.94_1.3.56

There are no available updates to this device and I can't recall the last time one was available.  I am unable to reserve IP addresses by MAC in the settings.  I found another thread mentioning this problem that started around 2 years ago.  How is this still simple problem still not fixed after all this time?  Completely unacceptable.  Really makes me question future Netgear purchases and the effectiveness of Armor as well.  

On a related note, I've now had Armor for a week, and it has yet to scan any devices on my network.  The last device scan is dated back from 2021.  I also recently joined a new device to the network which I need to set a static IP for, thus this thread.  I received no alerts of the new device joining.  I guess at least the Bitdefender portion of the product end-points seems to function well.  The router side, not so much. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R800P unable to reserve static IP address

Any progress on this? 

@Dan03 wrote:

I have a Nighthawk R800P Router on firmware version: 

V1.4.4.94_1.3.56

There are no available updates to this device and I can't recall the last time one was available.  I am unable to reserve IP addresses by MAC in the settings.  I found another thread mentioning this problem that started around 2 years ago.  How is this still simple problem still not fixed after all this time?  Completely unacceptable.  Really makes me question future Netgear purchases and the effectiveness of Armor as well.  

On a related note, I've now had Armor for a week, and it has yet to scan any devices on my network.  The last device scan is dated back from 2021.  I also recently joined a new device to the network which I need to set a static IP for, thus this thread.  I received no alerts of the new device joining.  I guess at least the Bitdefender portion of the product end-points seems to function well.  The router side, not so much. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7