Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S R7800 keeps factory reseting

LucifExire
Follower

Nighthawk X4S R7800 keeps factory reseting

When I restart my router or it restarts itself it factory resets itself, it started about 4 days ago. 2 days ago I download the last update for it and reupdated it when it reset itself, it seemed to have worked but about 10 minutes ago my internet went out and when it came back I saw it reset itself again. So I downloaded the firewere from a few updates ago and added it to my router to see if it will stop resetting itself. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know because I'm getting tired of having to reapply all my setting, I tried to upload my saved settings file to it but it won't turn anything back on
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X4S R7800 keeps factory reseting

@LucifExire wrote:
When I restart my router or it restarts itself it factory resets itself, it started about 4 days ago.

What is the R7800 connected to?

The "latest" firmware dates back to last September and hasn't been associated with that behaviour here.

R7800 Firmware Version 1.0.2.92 - NETGEAR Support

That makes me wonder what else is on our network. What modem/gateway/ONT sits between the router and the Internet?

I'd also wonder about a router that restarts itself. The first suspect there could be the power adapter.

Not sure that I follow this bit:

I tried to upload my saved settings file to it but it won't turn anything back on

What won't turn on?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7