Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 R7900 Wired Connection Speed throttled way down

MarkBenson
Follower

Nighthawk X6 R7900 Wired Connection Speed throttled way down

My ISP switched me to a 1GB connection yesterday and when I connect my desktop directly to the modem, I get 900-950 consistently. When I connect to a wired port on the nighthawk, I only get 200-250, consistently. I have rebooted the router 'several' times as mentioned in other posts with no luck. Tried with QoS on and setting the bandwidth manually and with QoS off and it makes no difference either way. Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 R7900 Wired Connection Speed throttled way down

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 R7900 Wired Connection Speed throttled way down

Try facotry resetting the R7900. 

during the install, leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7