Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk and Rogers Ignite Internet - No Connection

sautdeau
Follower

Nighthawk and Rogers Ignite Internet - No Connection

Upgraded my Internet Services to Rogers Ignite Internet a couple weeks ago but the Rogers

installer could not connect their Easyconnect14131 Modem/Router to my Netgear Nighthawk

Previously, my Internet Provider (Nexus DS) modem high speed DSL was connected to my

Nighthawk, from my Nighthawk to my Dell XPS 8500 PC without any issues for several years. With Rogers Ignite Internet, the installer could not connect the Nighthawk so he went

from his Easyconnect Modem directly to my PC and was able to connect to the Internet.

The Rogers Installer indicated they were not trained on Netgear Routers and I would have to contact someone like The Geek Squad, with Router Training to resolve my issue and typically the Geek Squad contract is initially $99.00 to do a look-see.

Am hoping I am not the only Nighthawk customer connected to Rogers Ignite Internet!

Any help would be appreciated, barring that, I will contact the Geek Squad as I have always had a Netgear Router.

Regards

Peter Frank Lee (canusatrini@gmail.com)

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
yddtime
Luminary

@sautdeau wrote:

Previously, my Internet Provider (Nexus DS) modem high speed DSL was connected to my

Nighthawk, from my Nighthawk to my Dell XPS 8500 PC without any issues for several years.

Peter xxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com)

Firstly, consider editing your post to remove your personal information (full name and email). The last thing you need is to have that on a public forum.

Your previous configuration had your Nighthawk connected to a modem. You new configuration has the Nighhawk connected to another router so there will be conflicts in the DHCP and subnet. Rogers calls it a modem but it's a router as well. Look in the Nighhawk manual for instructions on how to set it up in Access Point mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
yddtime
Luminary

@sautdeau wrote:

Nighthawk, from my Nighthawk to my Dell XPS 8500 PC without any issues for several years.

Peter xxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com)

Firstly, consider editing your post to remove your personal information (full name and email). The last thing you need is to have that on a public forum.

Your previous configuration had your Nighthawk connected to a modem. You new configuration has the Nighhawk connected to another router so there will be conflicts in the DHCP and subnet. Rogers calls it a modem but it's a router as well. Look in the Nighhawk manual for instructions on how to set it up in Access Point mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7