Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk device manager

crayamos
Follower

Nighthawk device manager

When I log into my nighthawk app device manager I continue to see device names that I do not recognize, I then turn them off and they go to yellow, but continue to come back on.  Are my neighbors using my network?  How do I resolve?  I am new at setting up home networks.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk device manager

@crayamos wrote:

When I log into my nighthawk app device manager I continue to see device names that I do not recognize, I then turn them off and they go to yellow, but continue to come back on. 

It isn't always easy to interpret those things. They can just be one of your mobile devices setting up a connection that you don't recognise.

It doesn't help that we have no idea what Netgear router you are using and how these things connect to it. (I assume wifi.)

You can get some idea of what those unwelcome invaders are by looking up their mac addresses. You should be able to see these in whatever it is that you mean by "nighthawk app device manager". (Is that the device manager bit in NIghthawk App for a mobile device (iOS/Android), the browser graphical user interface (GUI) or the desktop genie for your operating system?)

Start with this tool:

MAC Address Lookup/Find Tool for Windows

Find out what these things are and then look around for possible suspects. In may case various iOT devices loom into view.

@crayamos wrote:

Are my neighbors using my network?  How do I resolve?  I am new at setting up home networks.

It isn't likely that the neighbours are latching on to your wifi unless they know you password. You can easily change that.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7