Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk internet but no wifi

roksakure
Follower

Nighthawk internet but no wifi

Bought my nighthawk about a week ago. Was working good. Then the other night wifi stopped working. Netgear tech couldn't figure out the problem. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk internet but no wifi

@roksakure wrote:

Bought my nighthawk about a week ago.

And what Netgear device was this?

Then the other night wifi stopped working.

What actually happened. Sadly "stopped working" could describe many possibilities.

What do the LEDs on this device show?

Many Netgear routers have a switch that turns the wifi on and off. Tried that?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Message 3 of 6

@schumaku wrote:

Check this: How do I turn my NETGEAR router’s wireless radios on and off using the WiFi On/Off button? - the most common issue if any.

Not helped by the fact that it isn't obvious on the device itself that the indicator LED is also a switch.

Cat owners, and parents of toddlers, should also pay particular attention to this switch. These animals can interfere with nice glowing lights.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Not helped by the fact that it isn't obvious on the device itself that the indicator LED is also a switch.

The industrial design massively changed - it's much more than a hard to see small LED button now.

@michaelkenward wrote:

Cat owners, and parents of toddlers, should also pay particular attention to this switch. These animals can interfere with nice glowing lights.

Sure, the more obvious it becomes 8-)

RAX200.PNGXR1000.PNG

Message 5 of 6

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

The industrial design massively changed - it's much more than a hard to see small LED button now.

Neat. If that is the model that @roksakure has purchased.

Then again, the design of that thing is "ugly as buggery", to use an old English saying.

My MR90 doesn't even have an on/off switch for the wifi. Much nicer design though.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7