Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine throughout house)

JimShane
Guide

Nighthawk: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine throughout house)

Let me preface this with - access  using t he Nighthawk Mesh system is working just fine throughout our house.   

I was thinking of adding a couple of new satellites.  So, I went on my android phone to the Nighthawk app.   I used to go on this app all the time to see what was connected to what satellite (but I haven't used it for a while - and I have a new phone since I last looked (I think)

When I go into the nighthawk App, after searching for a number of minutes, I get the message "Issues connecting with [the name of our network]"  Go to Settings > WIFI and join your Router's WiFi Network.   (Now, I tried this, and I'm not sure whether I should put in the name of the AT&T network that is our Router, or the name of the Mesh Network that I set up when I got Nighthwawk)   

I've tried both.

I've tried "Try again" multiple times. 

I tried "New System Setup".   

and

I've tried "Connect via Anywhere Access"  (when I do this,   It shows me a green dot with the "MR60" name, but no other options - so I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.  (It doesn't show any satellites).  Only the picture of the MR60 box, a green dot, the serial number - and the three vertical dots with the option to "Remove device"

So, now, I don't know how to proceed.   Any suggestions?   Should I uninstall the Nighthawk App, and try reinstalling it?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine thr

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
JimShane
Guide

Re: Nighthawk: "Issues Connecting with [mesh network]" (but access to internet is fine thr

thank you, 

I posted it at that spot.   Is there a way for me to delete this thread?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7