Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r6700 Blocking access to various online games

Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Nighthawk r6700 Blocking access to various online games

I got this router relatively recently and before I did I had no issues connecting to Halo on my PC, but after getting it I can't get into a game. Xbox networking says Teredo is unable to qualify my NAT type and server connectivity is blocked. A little while later I try Battlefront 2 and again I can't get into games on both PC and console so I try to portforward on console and no matter how I list out each entry nothing works. Is there anything I can do settings wise to turn off whatever my router is doing?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk r6700 Blocking access to various online games

Both the PC and PS4 are wired as well so it's not some wi-fi issue

Message 2 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Port forwarding Teredo fixed the Halo issue but Battlefront 2 still isn't connecting properly

Edit: Port forwarding got Teredo to say Open NAT and Connected for the server but I still couldn't connect to Halo's servers and now it's gone back to not being able to qualify

Message 3 of 10

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

I'm on firmware V1.0.4.106_10.0.80, Pretty sure this happened on the last couple versions too.

My modem is an Arris Surfboard SB6141 and it only has one lan port, for the router of course. Also been using it for years with no issues.

Message 5 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Bump?

Message 6 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Bump again? We just not gonna have this problem solved?

Message 7 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You could try to put the PS4 in the DMZ see if that resolves the NAT issue. I do not recommend doing this for a PC.

https://kb.netgear.com/1118/How-do-I-configure-a-device-to-be-in-the-DMZ-on-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 8 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

Yeah but this is a problem on BOTH versions, I even get the same error code on both. It's 100% on the routers end.

@DarrenM wrote:

You could try to put the PS4 in the DMZ see if that resolves the NAT issue. I do not recommend doing this for a PC.

https://kb.netgear.com/1118/How-do-I-configure-a-device-to-be-in-the-DMZ-on-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 9 of 10
Jacob3178259
Aspirant

So judging by the lack of responses literally no one on this place knows what's wrong? I have to get a whole new router just so I can play games I paid for?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7