Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r6900 can't login can't access webpage

Donnny
Aspirant

Nighthawk r6900 can't login can't access webpage

So my system was working fine but I read an article on router cyber attacks so decided I better check my settings. I'm not a savvy network person. I updated router thru playstore. Opened app and tried to login. Said wrong info. Can't remember if I changed anything from default. Tried reset but webpage error on phone. Used app to do new setup got to sign into network and got page error browser. So that's where I'm at. No internetm
Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk r6900 can't login can't access webpage

@Donnny wrote:
I updated router thru playstore.

You mean you updated the Nighthawk App? You can't update the router firmware that way.

Opened app and tried to login. Said wrong info. Can't remember if I changed anything from default. Tried reset but webpage error on phone. Used app to do new setup got to sign into network and got page error browser.

The app is not the easiest or best way to check much on a router. A more thorough way to go about it is with a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI).

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you don't have a PC wired to the router, a wifi connection will also work. You can also use a mobile device to login to the router over wifi, using the browser on your phone.

You say you can't remember if you changed anything. If you changed the router password for admin (you cannot change that bit) then you can try to recover the admin password:

How do I recover my NETGEAR admin password using the password recovery feature? - NETGEAR Support

Used app to do new setup got to sign into network and got page error browser.

What was that error?

Remember, if you have reset the router, you have wiped out the old SSID and wifi password. To connect to the wifi to set up the router you have to use the default ones. Check the label on the router for those.

Message 2 of 6
Donnny
Aspirant

Yup I updated app lol. I thought I uploaded pic of webpage error on phone. Then on same page I hit bars top right and said use as is. I did that it connected but only most apps work Google search does not work and other things. So like first time I went thru process before reset I ended up on enter password but after reset I end up on webpage error
Message 3 of 6
Donnny
Aspirant

Ok so I plugged laptop in and says 58-2 no internet. Now what? I read manual it describes different logins which 1 am I trying to do?
Message 4 of 6
Donnny
Aspirant

So I also bought a used router cheap r6400 went thru the steps I usually do connected but no internet. So used laptop to access router login and logged in with defaults and genie came up asked for serial# then asked for security questions. Now the original router when I logged in said empty response. Same thing on phone.
Message 5 of 6
Donnny
Aspirant

Ok here's the latest ....happy camper! So frustrated I just unplugged everything and took a long break charged my laptop. Then did the setup process again and when I plugged in the laptop ...I had internet! This is with the purchased used unit. And was able to retrieve password via genie. Which according to seller was still "password"..,..not
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7