Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r7000 I cannot factory reset or access admin page.

ChuckIrons1de
Follower

Nighthawk r7000 I cannot factory reset or access admin page.

I am a newbie with routers and wifi as a forefront to what happened so language might be like reading egyption me as far as your responses go.

What I was attempting to do was set this router up as a repeater, I set up everything and the router shows that WiFi from that R7000, but there is no internet when you connect.

So I realized I might have messed up and entered the wrong mac address during set up, so I attempted to go back into the admin page and can't.

So I attempted to factory reset the router with the reset button on the back using several different methods and no matter what it will not reset.

Is it bricked? What am I left to do?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk r7000 I cannot factory reset or access admin page.

A press of the reset button for 10-15 seconds should reset the router. Are you seeing the top LEDs all turn on for am moment then back off after the reset button was pressed as released? 

Wired connected PC should show the LED ON on top for that port that's connected. 

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the router and PC. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk r7000 I cannot factory reset or access admin page.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the router and PC. CAT6 is recommended. 

Not clear what that means – beyond being the usual boilerplate answer to life, the universe and everything – but it isn't really relevant if @ChuckIrons1de wants the R7000 in "bridge mode".

But it isn't clear to me if the R7000 is the "remote" repeater router or the local (source) router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7