Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk reports no internet

Fluffy56
Aspirant

Nighthawk reports no internet

Netgear NightHawk R6850 wifi router running V1.1.0.88_1.0.1 firmware (the latest and greatest)

I am just curious if anyone else has seen this issue. I bought a new Netgear NightHawk wifi router a few days ago. I got it to talk to my cable modem and I have internet but when I open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1 and sign in the home page for the router says it does not have an internet connection (see attached image). I have been working with Netgear and they had me to a 30-30-30 reset and also manually install the latest firmware all to no avail. If anyone else has had this issue and found a solution I am all ears.

a 30-30-30 reset is push in the reset button for 30 seconds with the router powered on, continue to hold the reset button in while you unplug the router and hold for another 30 seconds, then plug the router back in still holding in the reset button for a final 30 seconds.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk reports no internet

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series