Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not connecting and cannot change password

realejat
Aspirant

Not connecting and cannot change password

NightHawk, AC1750, Model: R6400

Windows 10, used at home

No idea what firmware version I might be on. 

My router is from 2016. Doesn't even have the QR code to scan. The routerlogin.net or .com takes me to a troubleshooting page only. No default login option. I have the NightHawk app already, I get to where it identifies the name of the default Router Wifi, and I enter every password I could imagine - the "password", other ones I know, and other ones I've written down. Nothing. It won't allow me access.

I'm not willing to purchase coverage just to get one-time help. Can the community assist? Or do I have to get a whole other Router? 

Message 1 of 3
realejat
Aspirant

Re: Not connecting and cannot change password

Also, every time I go to 192.168.1.1, it redirects me to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/. That directs me to the app and some other troubleshooting, but none of it gets me to where I can name my Router Wifi and give it a password successfully.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Not connecting and cannot change password

What is "not connecting" to what? Wifi? Internet? Something else?

@realejat wrote:

The routerlogin.net or .com takes me to a troubleshooting page only.

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What modem/gateway is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7