Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: One Computer Can't Login To R7000

09KR0058
Tutor

One Computer Can't Login To R7000

Its been a while since I've tried to login to my R7000.  Never had a problem before.  Now I'm unable to login from one of the PCs on my network.  From one of my PCs, I can login just fine.  Also, no problem logging in from my iPad Air 2.  But the PC I use the most gives me this error in Firefox 46.0.1:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Using IE 11, the error is:

This page can't be displayed
    Make sure the web address is correct.
    Look for the page with your search engine
    Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I have exceptions for this page in Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0, and also tried disabling KIS, but still cant get to the login page.  I know this worked from this particular PC, but can't remember how long ago it was.

Am I missing something obvious?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Kaspersky, Kaspersky.  You and a ton of other people on here have been stymied by Kaspersky.  You can try using the tips mentioned in this support article.  For many, this doesn't work and the only option that worked for them was to completely uninstall Kaspersky.  You may also want to poke around on Kaspersky forums for help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

In a COMMAND PROMPT enter IPCONFIG /ALL. Using the IP Address for the DEFAULT GATEWAY, enter that in your browser's URL address area. That should work.

If not, CLEAR the BROWSER's cache (Firefox, OPTIONS -> ADVANCED -> Network), same for IE too.

Message 2 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Kaspersky, Kaspersky.  You and a ton of other people on here have been stymied by Kaspersky.  You can try using the tips mentioned in this support article.  For many, this doesn't work and the only option that worked for them was to completely uninstall Kaspersky.  You may also want to poke around on Kaspersky forums for help.

Message 3 of 5
09KR0058
Tutor

Yep, had to uninstall Kaspersky, reboot, then I could access the router.  Reinstalled Kaspersky, rebooted again and still have access.  Kinda surprised that when I "Paused protection" on Kas, it didn't work and had to completely uninstall.  Now I'm realizing that the last time I had accessed the router from this PC was before I did a Kas upgrade 2 months ago.

Thanks so much for the tip!

BTW IrvSp, in ipconfig, the default gateway field is blank.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.  Also, one of the first things I did was to clear the caches on all my browsers.

Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@09KR0058 wrote:

BTW IrvSp, in ipconfig, the default gateway field is blank.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.  Also, one of the first things I did was to clear the caches on all my browsers.

That is because KAS blocked access to it. I don't have KAS, but McAfee and Norton suites. Each has a network setting to TRUST a specific network, but I don't know if KAS has that feature. With it and device within that range can access each other and the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7